INTER, Benitez:

"A great opportunity for us"

Rafael Benitez took questions from the Italian and international media at the Grimaldi Forum today ahead of Friday evening's UEFA Super Cup against Atletico Madrid.



"I'm expecting a hard game against a very experienced opponent, but we want to win with all our strength," said the Inter coach. "Tactically, we have been working for a month and a half to play higher up the field to get our qualities closer to the goal. There are a few risks, but it's okay if we score three goals and concede one, like what happened in the game against Roma.



"If we are here, then I prefer to talk about the merits of the club and the players than rather than talk about heaven... We want to win, think one game at a time, and then we will talk about heaven.



"Atletico Madrid are a strong team, athletically able. They won't be an easy opponent. I have studied Atletico, it has always been a nice club. My father was an Atletico fan. I have always liked them, but I have studied everything about them to beat them tomorrow night.



"I am here to think about Atletico, not about other problems, like those of Liverpool. For those, you will have to ask Roy Hodgson. I know that there's Champions League draw today, but we're not thinking about that now. Whoever we get, we will think about them later on.



"The transfer market? I don't take care of transfers. Here at Inter I'm just the coach, not a manager. It's the chairman and the technical director Marco Branca who take care of this.



"How will my team play tomorrow night? Talking with the players we saw that we need time to experiment all the new things that we have studied. Now it's important to do well all the things that the team knows how to do, like what they did last season, and add a few new things.



"Our condition? We have am extra week in our legs, but a lot will depend on the football. We all have the chance to make history for the club and win a trophy that Inter have never won. It's a great opportunity for us."







........