INTER, Moratti's new comments



In an interview with Italian television network RAI Uno, Inter Milan chairman and owner Massimo Moratti stated : "I am really plased with the fact that we won the Italian Supercup this past Saturday. It was the first trophy of the new season and I am happy for my players and for our new coach Rafael Benitez. Inter are on the path to hopefully repeat last season's success. Our next objective is winning the European Supercup against Atletico Madrid on Friday. .... Some people say Inter have too many foreign players ? I am not concerned with that and I am proud to have built a winning team which represents Italy abroad, regardless of my players' nationality. Besides, being successful and cosmopolitan is better than winning though corruption....".

Note : According to most Italian media sources, Moratti was referring to his longtime nemesis and former Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi (who was involved in the "Calciopoli" scandal in 2006) when he made reference to corruption. The comment is already causing a stir in Italy.